Friday, April 9, 2010

Blahhhhh - G

It seems like I have a blog for everything. It would be nice if everyone would just work together, but of course, they do not. So I have a blog on the weight loss site I use, one for a homeschooling site that this one evolved from. I leave notes for our small group on Facebook, which seems like a blog. I don't know I like to blog but it seems like I have a hard time keeping up with everything. Maybe I am too ambitious I don't really have a following anyway, unless you count my family and why would they want to read what I write they get to hear me talk even if they would rather I didn't.

I guess it is set up for certain audiences but I don't know who mine is or should be. I mean I do do all those things that I mentioned above and I feel like I just get by. I don't really feel like I excel at any one thing just have a decent balance I guess. 

I love to cook so challenging myself to cook healthier has been a goal of late. Although the real challenge may be in actually finding healthy foods that I can disguise in a way that my household of picky eaters will try. I hold out hope that they will one day realize that food that is healthy is not always yucky and they can adapt their taste buds to enjoy it for the fuel it is. I mean we don't ask our cars if they like the fuel we put in, do we? The cars will let us know if the fuel we put in doesn't do the job it is supposed to do. Why don't we realize that the food we eat usually is not healthy for us and therefore is not supplying us with what we need either it actually is robbing us of that energy by creating unnecessary fat. 

So eating has had to become a necessary balance as well. I have to remind myself that just because it looks good, smells good and tastes good doesn't mean it is good for me. Maybe if we looked at all aspects of our life and weighed each thing as to need versus want and balanced things by taking care of needs first before wants it would be better, not only in the area of food, but also in finances and relationships as well.

I better quit now, I should probably balance out my day with something else maybe start working on supper or scope out a place for a garden I don't know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment